Hy-Pro Filtration Factoryside Chat; Let‘s talk particle size; comparing the most common testing methods and the new ISO 23369 test to Hy-Pro‘s DFE
In Episode 6, Hy-Pro's subject matter experts Scott Howard, Strategic Accounts Program Manager, and Curt Martin, Hy-Pro's Lab Manager, discuss all things particle size and testing.
- How to measure the particle size concentration in oil
- Patch tests vs. laser tests, visual versus those particles not seen by the naked eye
- Importance of accurate bottle capture of samples
- ISO 4406 standard and understanding its complexities, i.e. ISO codes are a limit and not a target
- Testing for efficiency, comparing the new ISO 23369 cyclic flow test versus Hy-Pro's DFE, Dynamic Efficiency test
- Understanding cold start retention and reducing the "clouds of dust"
- Understanding water and MPC testing