January 14, 2022
In this episode, Scott Howard, our Strategic Accounts Manager, and Curt Martin, our Laboratory Manager at Hy-Pro Filtration, delve into filter element sizing and selection and that every application can be different and a balancing act. They discuss many intricacies about the selection process, the importance of understanding the ISO codes required, and the sensitivity of the equipment you are trying to protect. In addition, the use of standard and high collapse filter elements with and without bypass valves.
Please give us your feedback on our podcasts.
October 6, 2021
In Episode 6, Hy-Pro's subject matter experts Scott Howard, Strategic Accounts Program Manager, and Curt Martin, Hy-Pro's Lab Manager, discuss all things particle size and testing.
- How to measure the particle size concentration in oil
- Patch tests vs. laser tests, visual versus those particles not seen by the naked eye
- Importance of accurate bottle capture of samples
- ISO 4406 standard and understanding its complexities, i.e. ISO codes are a limit and not a target
- Testing for efficiency, comparing the new ISO 23369 cyclic flow test versus Hy-Pro's DFE, Dynamic Efficiency test
- Understanding cold start retention and reducing the "clouds of dust"
- Understanding water and MPC testing